Transform Your Life
Terms and Conditions
Confidentiality and Disclosure
Transform Your Life is legally required to comply with GDPR which sets out how confidential information must be handled. All information received regarding clients is treated in the strictest confidence. This includes information gained directly in sessions, or from any third parties. Brief notes of sessions are made and these are securely locked away. You may request to see these at any time.
There are certain circumstances in which it is necessary to break confidentiality, as follows:
- Where a criminal offence may have been or may about to be committed or is the subject of an ongoing police investigation. In this case, disclosure of such information is legally necessary.
- Where there is significant risk of harm to yourself or others.
- Any information regarding terrorism, radicalisation, money laundering and female genital mutilation. In these circumstances we will work with you to see if we can work together to make appropriate disclosures.
During the course of your treatment, it may be helpful to gain additional information from other professionals involved in your care. This will only be sought following a full explanation of the reasons and after gaining your written consent. Legally, we can only give or receive information if we have this proof of consent. If, for whatever reason, you do not give consent, I will need to discuss the continuation of your treatment. Please Note: Merely having your GP details does not give us permission to contact them.
Transform Your Life will:
- consider and address privacy/confidentiality issues at every stage of our contact with clients
- be open with you about the extent of confidentiality and its exceptions
- keep personal information to the minimum necessary and destroy it when it is no longer needed
- not use your information for marketing purposes
Specifically this means:
- any financial information (eg credit card information) is shredded as soon as processed
- client notes are kept in handwritten form and are kept in a locked filing cabinet
- a coding system enables the therapist to know whose notes are whose but a stranger seeing the notes would not be able to identify who they referred to
- little is written about the client but instead a record is kept of the interventions and progress
- emails are kept on a password protected computer for as long as the client/therapist relationship is active and permanently deleted thereafter
- any therapy conducted by email will be by way of a password protected word document, not within the email body itself
- clients are encouraged to use text or facebook messaging to discuss appointment times etc, not for communication of therapeutic material
Please note that I reserve the right to record sessions where it is deemed appropriate and agreeable.
I value difference and diversity and do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender and gender identity, sexual preference or orientation, marital/partnership status, religion, race, colour, national origin, disability, heritage or political belief.
Cancellation and missed session policy
If for any reason you are unable to attend your appointment please let me know as soon as possible. The required notice for cancellation is forty eight hours. Where there is less notice of cancellation or if you do not attend your appointment you will be charged the full fee. With adequate advanced notice, where possible, you will be offered an alternative appointment.
I will give you as much advance notice as possible in terms of any cancellation or rearrangement of appointments.
I do not accept friend or contact requests from former or current clients on our personal Facebook pages as this can not only compromise your confidentiality (eg if another of our friends saw that you were a friend they may wonder how we know each other) but would also blur the boundary of the therapeutic relationship.
Please do not use public ways of contact (eg @replies or tagging) again because of the potential for this to compromise your confidentiality. You may use text to discuss appointment times or other logistics but not therapeutic issues.
It is preferable to use email only for logistical contact (eg to get a reminder of an appointment time) due to the potential insecurity of email. If you wish to engage in “email therapy” then please use a password protected word document to contain what you wish to say, advice can be given on how to do this if necessary.
A phone call or text may be used for contact about appointment times.
Fees are £50 per hour.
I respectfully ask that fees are paid in full in advance by bank transfer. Other arrangements may be discussed. For cancellation, please see section above.
Concessions may be arranged for students, unemployed or OAPs.